ASK Bilingual Summer Day Camp
come and play – 10 July – 04 August 2017
Making and playing with friends are two things that children do naturally and are skills that we ordinarily take for granted. Yet for many children with special needs and related learning differences, these two aspects of childhood do not come easily. The effects of specific learning differences may in fact preclude children from interacting appropriately with their peers. They are challenged to acquire the “unspoken” rules of social behavior and poor self-esteem, low frustration tolerance and problems with anger and/or aggression are a constant source of concern for parents and teachers.
ASK Bilingual Summer Day Camp is dedicated to offering a special haven for children aged 5-19 who have Learning Differences and Special Educational Needs. The fully integrated programme allows children to develop their social skills, creativity and learning through fun games and activities, which are structured according to age and the child’s skill level. Our highly qualified staff include child psychologists, experienced specialist teachers, counselors, a speech therapist, an ABA therapist and a nurse.
ASK Bi-lingual Summer Day Camp – where Creativity and Learning go hand in hand
Our unique programme offer:
- 1:1 camper to staff ratio
- multi-sensory games which encourage team building and group interaction
- social skills activities which allow self-discovery and build self confidence
- arts and crafts – exploration through different art mediums to encourage imagination and creativity
- drama and music with a weekly group performance
- 1:2 tutoring by SpLD specialist tutors for children wanting support in specific subjects
- outings to explore nature and local culture
Creative Communication Skills or Social Skills
This programme teaches children the fundamental communication skills to learn sharing, cooperation, conflict resolution through team building exercises at the same time instill empathy in each child to build self-confidence and self-control, through self-discovery and a sense of accomplishment through positive peer interaction. Multi-sensory tools and different medium art materials are used to allow children to express their creativity.
We offer one to one tutoring in literacy and numeracy for children having difficulties at school, using games and activities to make learning fun. The study skills program also allows children to repeat what they have learned during the mainstream school year and get them ready and motivated for the next school year.
2017 ASK Summer Day Camp Dates:
The deadline for camp registration is 30 June 2017.
Teacher to student ratios are high, averaging 1 teacher to 2 children and for some children one on one attention is provided. Our highly qualified staff include child psychologists, experienced specialist teachers, counselors, a speech therapist, an occupation therapist, an ABA therapist and a nurse.
- ASK Summer Camps run from 9h to 17h, Monday through Friday.
- You can drop off your child from 8h50 and pick up at 17h sharp.
- A one hour Camp Orientation Session will be held on Monday morning of every session from 8h30 to 9h30. This will allow you and your child to meet the camp staff and tour the camp venue.
- Every Friday, there will be a short presentation by the children and we urge you to arrive to camp on time at 4pm not to miss your child’s performance.
- Lunch and 2 snacks are included in the camp fees
Collège de Léman
route de Sauverny
Direction to CdL
ASK Summer Camp will be held at College du Leman at the ”St-Exupéry” Building this year.
St-Exupéry Building is behind the teacher’s lounge which we used as a lunch room during our 4 weeks summer camp.
If you are coming from the lake road, the ”Pagnol” Primary building will be on your left before you reach the main building where you will find College du Leman sign on your right. You can park your car at the main parking lot. Just turn into the school after the school sign and park it behind the main building. Then walk towards the lake direction on route de Sauverny and cross the road to enter the primary section of CdL which will be on your right. Or you can find parking next to Pagnol building on chemin du Lac and enter the camp through a metal gate.
ASK – All Special Kids is a not-for-profit organization. Camp fees are determined by the cost of skilled staff and the facilities.
1 week of summer camp including social skills, lunch, and 2 snacks: CHF900
Optional Study Skills tutoring, per week: CHF300
ASK Members receive 10% off of camp fees!