ASK Bilingual Summer Day Camp
come and play – 17 July to 11 August 2017
Making and playing with friends are two things that children do naturally and are skills that we ordinarily take for granted. Yet for many children with special needs and related learning differences, these two aspects of childhood do not come easily. The effects of specific learning differences may in fact preclude children from interacting appropriately with their peers. They are challenged to acquire the “unspoken” rules of social behavior and poor self-esteem, low frustration tolerance and problems with anger and/or aggression are a constant source of concern for parents and teachers.
ASK Bilingual Summer Day Camp is dedicated to offering a special haven for children aged 5-19 who have Learning Differences and Special Educational Needs. The fully integrated programme allows children to develop their social skills, creativity and learning through fun games and activities, which are structured according to age and the child’s skill level. Our highly qualified staff include child psychologists, experienced specialist teachers, counselors, a speech therapist, an ABA therapist and a nurse.
ASK Bi-lingual Summer Day Camp – where Creativity and Learning go hand in hand
Our unique programme offer:
- 1:1 camper to staff ratio
- multi-sensory games which encourage team building and group interaction
- social skills activities which allow self-discovery and build self confidence
- arts and crafts – exploration through different art mediums to encourage imagination and creativity
- drama and music with a weekly group performance
- 1:2 tutoring by SpLD specialist tutors for children wanting support in specific subjects
- outings to explore nature and local culture
Creative Communication Skills or Social Skills
This programme teaches children the fundamental communication skills to learn sharing, cooperation, conflict resolution through team building exercises at the same time instill empathy in each child to build self-confidence and self-control, through self-discovery and a sense of accomplishment through positive peer interaction. Multi-sensory tools and different medium art materials are used to allow children to express their creativity.
We offer one to one tutoring in literacy and numeracy for children having difficulties at school, using games and activities to make learning fun. The study skills program also allows children to repeat what they have learned during the mainstream school year and get them ready and motivated for the next school year.
2017 ASK Summer Day Camp Dates:
Week 1 – July 17 to 21 – theme “Around the World”
Week 2 – July 24 to 28 – theme “Superheroes”
Week 3 – July 31 to August 4 – theme “Wild Wild West”
Week 4 – August 7 to 11 – theme “Messy Olympics”
The deadline for camp registration is 30 June 2017.
Teacher to student ratios are high, averaging 1 teacher to 2 children and for some children one on one attention is provided. Our highly qualified staff include child psychologists, social worker, experienced specialist teachers, counselors, a speech therapist, an occupation therapist, art teacher and an ABA therapist.
- ASK Summer Camps run from 9h to 17h, Monday through Friday.
- You can drop off your child from 8h50 and pick up at 17h sharp.
- A one hour Camp Orientation Session will be held on Monday morning of every session from 8h30 to 9h30. This will allow you and your child to meet the camp staff and tour the camp venue.
- Every Friday, there will be a short presentation by the children and we urge you to arrive to camp on time at 16h not to miss your child’s performance.
- Lunch and 2 snacks are included in the camp fees
Institut International de Lancy
Avenue Eugène-Lance 24
1212 Grand-Lancy, Genève
Tram 15 – Lancy Mairie stop
Bus 43 – Lancy Mairie stop
Bus 22 et 23 – Grand-Lancy stop
1 week of summer camp including social skills, study skills, lunch, and 2 snacks: CHF995
ASK Members receive 10% off of camp fees!