Homework Club & Study Support
- Is your child struggling in the classroom?
- Do they need one-on-one support and homework help to bring them up to speed?
- Is your child turning homework into a battle ground?
- Do they need help managing their workload?
ASK Homework Club and Study Support Programme is an after-school programme for young people aged 6 to 16, to support them with literacy and numeracy issues and to make doing their homework a little less stressful for them and their parents.
Qualified teachers and assistants provide personalised support based on each child’s key needs – ratio 1 to 3. Sessions include time for completing school homework as well as time for individual work on either a computer-based programme or one-on-one reading or paired reading.
- How to plan an essay – writing frames
- Ordering my writing
- Extending my writing
- Spelling and grammar
- Adding interest – adjectives, adverbs, connectives
- Extending my vocabulary painlessly
- Maths processes – add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Language of maths
- Times tables
- Place value
- Number bonds
- Lexia* – designed to support children acquire and improve basic reading skills
- Word Shark – designed to reinforce reading and spelling through sound-based games
- Number Shark – designed to improve use and understanding of numbers
- All computer programmes have sound evidence base to support their use
* Lexia for home use is included in the cost of Homework and Study Skills Club. It is also available for those who would like to use the programme without joining the Club.
The programme is currently offered in Geneva on the right bank at the ASK CARE Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the school year. We have plans to expand to left bank locations if there is sufficient demand.
A pick-up service from Nations campus is provided and LGB campus can be arranged when we begin to expand to left bank locations.
- ASK Member: CHF731 per term
- ASK Member annual rate: CHF2000 – annual rate (3 terms)
- Non-ASK Member: CHF860 per term
- Non-Member annual rate: CHF2400 – annual rate (3 terms)
If you are not already an ASK Member, become one now and benefit from reduced Member rates right away!
Register for the First Term:
Register for the Second Term:
Register for the Third Term:
First Term Dates
September 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18
November 8, 15, 22, 29
September 14, 21, 28
October 5, 12, 19
November 9, 16, 23, 30
Second Term Dates
January 10, 17, 24, 31
February 7, 21, 28
March 7, 14, 21
January 11, 18, 25
February 1, 8, 22
March 1, 8, 15, 22
Third Term Dates
April 11, 18, 25
May 2, 16, 23, 30
June 6, 13
April 12, 19, 26
May 3, 17, 24, 31
June 7, 14