C.A.R.E. Parent Support
Community Assistance Resource Enrichment (CARE) lies at the heart of all the services we offer at ASK. Throughout the years, we have built a program, which targets the needs of families affected by a child with special needs. Whether you’re a Mum, Dad, brother or sister, you’re sure to find something here that will satisfy your needs, on a social or personal level.
- Would you like to meet other parents who are in a similar situation?
- Are you overwhelmed by the daily responsibilities of raising a child with special needs or learning differences?
- Are you looking for more information and support services for your special child?
Come and Join …..
Let us connect, build friendships, share experiences and support each other
Thank you so much for all your time and sharing your special story. It is so great to talk to another mother who understands and speaks the same language.
’Indeed, ASK was at the beginning and continues to be extremely helpful through the great contacts I made. Thank you so much for all you have done for us. It is a wonderful organization’
“I realized we had formed a cohesive group with each person an integral member, each contributing and each taking something out of it.”
“Thanks again so much for hosting the ASK support evenings. It cannot be underestimated what it means for all these parents (mostly mothers, yes I know – why is it that dads are so good at delegating going to these meetings? mea culpa too, by the way…). Having a child with special needs can become a very lonely business in any country and to hear that other parents are dealing with similar issues is very helpful, even comforting up to a point.”
Parent Support Coffee Morning
If you really want to find out what’s going on in your area in terms of special needs support, then you simply must go to one of our ASK coffee mornings! Usually held on the first Thursday of every month, these informal get-togethers provide a whole new meaning to “networking!” This is where you will find invaluable insight from the experiences of other parents, who have “been there” already!
Coming in the 2018 – 2019 school year
Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
- Anxious Children: What triggers it? What sustains it? And How to deal with it?
- Children with low tolerance and high levels of frustration: What it is? Where it comes from? And How to deal with it?
Healing with Nutrition series
with Irina Shurov
- Brain Fitness: How to Improve your Child’s Concentration and Learning
- Nourishing and Healing with Nutrition: For Children with ASD and Other Conditions