- ADD/ADHD Online Resource and Support www.adders.org
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder www.chadd.org
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association www.add.org
- ADDISS – The National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service www.addiss.co.uk
- Get answers to all your questions on ADD(ADHD) www.addvance.com
- The Autism Research Institute www.autism.com
- Center for the study of Autism www.autism.org
- Autistic Society www.autisticsociety.org
- Association for Science in Autism Treatment http://www.asatonline.org/
- Autisme Geneve http://autisme-ge.ch/
- Cognitive Education for the Autistic Child http://www.autisme-cognitif.ch/
(check Kids’ Corner Page for more information)
- www.sparktop.org A wonderful site just for kids ages 8-12 with learning difficulties
- www.iamdyslexic.com Super cool website by a dyslexic teenager in Britain.
- www.matts-hideout.co.uk By a dyspraxic 12 years old Matthew Alden-Farrow, who was badly bullied at school.
- www.interdys.org/ The International Dyslexia Association.
- http://www.thearc.org/ Great site on siblings support for sisters & brothers of kids with special needs including autism
- http://www.spelling.hemscott.net Help, free worksheets and advice from an experienced English teacher
- British Dyslexia Association http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/
- The Dyslexia Institute www.dyslexia-inst.org.uk
- International Dyslexia Association www.interdys.org
- DITT – Dyslexia International – Tools and Technology http://www.dyslexia-international.org/Tools.ht
- Children’s Dyslexia Struggles Give Way to Success – YouTube http://ow.ly/MOenG
- British Dyspraxia Foundation www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk
- The Dyspraxia Support Group of New Zealand www.dyspraxia.org.nz
- Understood – For Learning & Attention Issues https://www.understood.org/en
- LD Online www.ldonline.org
Fun Activities for Kids
- Schwab Learning Foundation www.schwablearning.org
- Social Science – 93 interesting and interactive webistes and links
Resources for those moving to/living in Switzerland:
OFFICE OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH/SECRETARIAT FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION: http://www.ge.ch/oej/sps.asp
Inclusive Education in Geneva http://ge.ch/dip/lecole-inclusive-geneve
special-education-for-children-and-adolescents-affected-by-autism-spectrum-disorder By Office of Special Education, Geneva
Know-it-all passport www.knowitall.ch
The ultimate guide for families in the GENEVA, VAUD, AND NEIGHBORING FRANCE areas. Also the website has FREE CLASSIFIEDS, links, updates, and more.
A site for getting good maps of localities and their amenities.
Federal Office for Migration
Switzerland is Yours – Guide to Living in Switzerland
“Your gateway to Switzerland: a multimedia window on the most important geographic, social, cultural, political and historical aspects of the country.”
A great site for Swiss news, and Swiss views on international news in English and 8 other languages.
A site in English, German, French & Italian where you can learn about and keep abreast of Swiss political issues.
Switzerland in Sound
“… your best source of professional, English-language audio reports and features about Switzerland and things Swiss, enhanced by text, pictures and links. The subject matter is wide, ranging from candid one-on-one interviews with interesting people, to entertaining,
in-depth features and reports about Swiss life and society, as well as exciting, colorful, animated visits to destinations and attractions all over the country, and events that occur here.”
Classifieds in English:
A website full of info for expats here in CH:
Bergli Books – Intercultural Books about Settling in Switzeland
“Living and Working in Switzerland, A Survival Handbook” by David Hampshire
You might be able to order it from the website: www.survivalbooks.net
If you are already in Switzerland, to save on the overseas postage, you can order it from: http://www.bergli.ch
Also on Bergli’s site…
‘Xenophobe’s Guide to the Swiss’ by Paul Bilton
“It’s for those who don’t take living here too seriously… .”
“Mothering Matters” which is a not-for-profit bi-monthly thematic journal dealing with parenting issues in Switzerland.
You can request a sample issue at http://www.mmjournal.com
The New Stork Times – Swiss parenting magazine
“Swiss News” is a monthly news magazine focusing on politics, business, sports, culture and tourism across Switzerland. It can be bought at kiosks and Orell Fuessli, or you can order a subscription:http://www.swissnews.ch
LAUSANNE Expats Discussion Board:
American International Women’s Club of LAUSANNE:
Here is a website for expats in the BASEL area:
Also for the international community in BASEL is Centrepoint:
HELLO BASEL is a magazine about various issues concerning life in the Basel area.
For a free subscription (comes out quarterly) visit http://www.hello-magazines.ch
It is printed by Network Relocation Ltd.
“Family Fun” Is a book which contains 60+ ideas of places to go and things to see in the Dreilander region around BASEL, including a list of the parks and swimming pools.
It is available at Bergli Books: http://www.bergli.ch
The BASEL Childbirth Trust has a publication, “Having a Baby in Basel”–a guide to local resources and customs.
It’s available at no cost through the web site: http://www.baselchildbirthtrust.com
Living in TICINO
The highly anticipated, new and expanded edition of “Living in Ticino” was unveiled at the June meeting. This is a “must have” booklet for all AWOT members – 160 pages of advice and listings regarding everything from education, legal issues, and doctors to hairdressers, restaurants, and taxes. Price is 30 CHF plus shipping and handling. Copies will also be available at the monthly meetings (thereby saving yourself the cost of shipping and handling).
To find a doctor near you (in German, French & Italian):
This is a site to help you compare costs of various services in CH (in English,French, Italian & German):
For free access to information in English on what fruits and vegetables are in season at the market (including German/Swissproduct names, purchasing tips, storage tips, cooking tips, and nutritional information), visit the following link:
For courses and seminars on a wide range of topics in English:
For those of you interested in developing your public speaking and leadership skills in a genial environment with a very international group of English speakers:
If you are interested in getting a “word of the day” to help you in learning your soon to be local language, you can sign up at:
Here is another one…