A new ASK Programme for Adolescents and Young Adults with Learning Differences and Special Educational Needs
On alternate Saturdays from 14h to 16h30.
ASK is launching a new social group called Cafe Society for young adults who would like to meet and socialise with peers in a safe environment as well as practice various social skills and learn life skills that are necessary to lead successful, independent lives and be confident in a wide range of social situations. The group will meet on alternate Saturdays at different cafes around Geneva. In addition to the overall group aims, we will address individual objectives during the year. These aims will be discussed with each member of the society in order to maximize the group’s potential to meet the needs of its members.
- Friends: what distinguishes good and not-so-good friends, and how to initiate and maintain satisfying friendships.
- Public transport: how to make effective use of public transport, arriving on time, and what to do should one get lost.
- Restaurants: how to order food, what constitutes a healthy meal, sticking to a budget, and general table and restaurant etiquette.
- Safety: safeguarding one’s physical safety, staying safe online, distinguishing strangers from friends, traveling safely and independently
In order to effectively meet the needs of our members, we encourage your feedback and welcome any questions, comments, and ideas.
Sep 26th, Oct 10th, Oct 31st
Nov 14th, Dec 12th
Jan 23rd, Feb 6th, Feb 27th
Mar 13th, Mar 20th
Apr 24th, May 1st, May 8th
Meeting Place: Centre de Commercial Balexert, Avenue Louis-Casai 27, 1211 Geneva
Meeting Point: Migros Restaurant
- ASK Member: CHF35
- Non-ASK Members: CHF45
* Social outings are usually free. Why are we charging for Café society? In order to create a beneficial social environment, ASK train our volunteers and invite them to participate as mentors at the outings in a ratio of 3 mentees to 5 mentors. The fees you pay will allow ASK to offer refreshments to our mentors and staff.
Thank you for your understanding and kind consideration to support this program.
If you are not already an ASK Member, become one now and benefit from reduced Member rates right away!
Usage of Images and Photos
All photos, images, videos, audio recordings or interviews taken at or in connection with ASK events, seminars, camps or any other ASK children’s programs may be used as publicity on our website, brochures, newsletters, video commercials or any other recordings and written materials, provided that such use is specifically approved by his/her legal representative. In the event such use should be withdrawn after having been initially given, ASK reserves its right to seek indemnification for any damage thus incurred.