2014 Camp Dates: 21 July to 15 August
ASK Bi-Lingual Summer Camp – where Creativity and Learning go hand in hand
ASK Bilingual Summer Camp is dedicated to offering a special haven for children aged 5-19 who have Special Needs and or Specific Learning Difficulties. The fully integrated programme allows children to develop their social skills, creativity and learning through fun games and activities, which are structured according to age and the child’s skill level. Our staff include child psychologists, qualified specialist teachers, counselors, a speech therapist, an ABA therapist and a nurse.
Our unique programme offers:
- 1:1 camper to staff ratio
- Multi-sensory games which encourage team building and group interaction
- Social Skills activities which allow self-discovery and build self confidence
- Arts and Crafts – exploration through different art mediums to encourage imagination and creativity
- Drama and Music with a weekly group performance
- For those wanting numeracy and literacy revision, we offer morning study skills activities. We also offer 1:2 tutoring by SpLD specialist tutors for children wanting support in specific subjects
- Weekly outings to explore nature and local culture
Creative Communication Skills or Social Skills
This programme teaches children the fundamental communication skills to learn sharing, cooperation, conflict resolution through team building exercises at the same time instill empathy in each child to build self-confidence and self-control, through self-discovery and a sense of accomplishment through positive peer interaction. Multi-sensory tools and different medium art materials are used to allow children to express their creativity.
Study Skills – we offer one to one tutoring in literacy and numeracy for children having difficulties at school, using games and activities to make learning fun. The study skills program also allows children to repeat what they have learned during the mainstream school year and get them ready and motivated for the next school year.
Camp Venue: Collège du Léman, route de Sauverny, 1290 Versoix GE, Switzerland
- First week: 21 – 25 July 2014
- Second week: 28 July – 1 August 2014
- Third week: 4 – 8 August 2014
- Fourth week: 11 – 15 August 2014
- Full Day: 9h to 17h
Due to many food allergy conditions, snacks and lunch must be provided by the parents. Daily hot meals will be available for an additional cost of 15CHF per meal per child.
Usage of Photos and Images:
All photos, images, videos, audio recordings or interviews taken at or in connection with ASK events, seminars, camps or any other ASK children’s programs may be used as publicity on our website, brochures, newsletters, video commercials or any other recordings and written materials, provided that such use is specifically approved by his/her legal representative. In the event such use should be withdrawn after having been initially given, ASK reserves its right to seek indemnification for any damage thus incurred.