ASK Parent Workshop Series 2018 – 2019
- Monday, 19 November 2018, 18h30 to 20h30, Webster Uni, LLC Hall
Presenting Rita Margarita, CEC – Cognitive Enhancement Center and Debbie Gilmore, Arrowsmith Programme
Please join us to learn more about Rita’s long journey; how she investigated a range of schools, different methodologies, and finally found the solution for her son with the Arrowsmith Programme. Debbie Gilmore, the executive director of Arrowsmith programme will be present for Q&A session.
- Thursday, 7 February 19h to 20h30, Webster University, Room LLC 2
Holding Your Head Up when Life is really Touch
By Dr. Kate Lindley, PhD, President of SAMED
Parents of Special Needs children have increased demands made upon them and often with little social recognition or positive feedback about their children and their parenting skills. How can you hold your head up when life throws you yet another curveball?
- Thursday, 7 March 10h to 12h, Webster University, Room Alps 14
Listening Re-education, Improves the Family Dynamic: Better Listening, Better Communication, Better Relationships
By Marsha Staubli, Tomatis Consultant, Educator, and Psychologist & Elka Schlaeppi, Tomatis Consultant, Directrice Listening Center Rolle, Social
- Create awareness of the importance of the ability to listen to oneself and others. This ability is key for healthy, happy family dynamics.
- Positivize the way parents see their children’s strengths and weaknesses. This removes the problem of child label by creating a happier family.
- Explain how we re-educate listening with the Tomatis Method and the benefits. Have a happier more harmonious family life.
- Better listening, communication, and happier children lead to better relationships and better results in school.
- Thursday, 4 April 2019, 19h to 20h30 Webster University, Room LLC 2
Demystifying Psycho-Educational Assessment: What is it, What does it involve and What do we gain from it?
Assessment is a powerful tool to unraveling your child’s unique qualities and helping him/her move forward.
By Ioli Soroula, Chartered Educational Psychologist
- Thursday, 2 May 2019, 19h to 20h30, Webster University, Room LLC 2
An Overview of Nutrition & Lifestyle Factors to Optimise Brain Development, Address Anxiety and Depression
By Kerry Fugard, Nutritional Therapist
- Nutrition for brain health
- Optimising gut health
- Stress reduction
- Getting a good night’s sleep
- Brain training
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joy @ 079 924 78 35