Social Skills Group
ASK Social Skills Group is an inclusive after-school programme designed to help children who regularly struggle with social interactions and how to read social cues. ASK Social Skills Group aims to help children develop the skills they need in order to improve their ability to relate to others.
The programme is open to any child who has difficulty with social skills, such as:
- Joining in and making friends
- Responding appropriately to verbal and non-verbal social cues
- Engaging in reciprocal conversational skills
- Resolving conflict
- Coping with stressful situations
- Co-operating with others
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- Dealing with uncomfortable emotions
Hat Ihr Kind Probleme mit:
- Mitmachen und Freunde finden
- Angemessene Reaktionen auf verbale und nicht-verbale soziale Stimulus
- Reziproke Gesprächsfähigkeit entwickeln
- Umgang mit Stresssituationen
- Zusammenarbeit mit anderen Menschen
- Handhabung zwischenmenschlicher Beziehungen
- Umgang mit unangenehmen Emotionen
The group aims at building following skills:
- Sustaining friendships
- Improving self-esteem
- Being more responsible and empathetic
- Being able to express difficult feelings
- Navigating social situations successfully
Interacting with peers help children build social, reciprocal and communicative skills. Through playful activities they can learn actively listening, interpreting body language, asking questions, taking turns and other skills that will help them feel comfortable in social and unknown situation.
Die Gruppe zielt darauf ab, folgende Fähigkeiten aufzubauen:
- Freundschaften pflegen
- Verbesserung des Selbstwertgefühls
- Verantwortungsbewusster und einfühlsamer sein
- In der Lage sein, unangenehme Gefühle auszudrücken
- Soziale Situationen erfolgreich meistern
Prior to joining the group, your child is welcome to attend a free trial session. Depending on the outcome of this initial session, the facilitators may request that your child undergoes a pre-assessment with a psychologist in order to determine whether the group can meet his or her needs.
Free trials are unavailable in Zurich
A typical group session focuses on a theme/skill with which all of the children tend to experience difficulty, and most of the games and skill-building activities of that session center on that theme/skill. Much of the skill-building takes place in vivo as the group members are encouraged to relate to one another informally; most of the session is dedicated to peer socialisation.
Social Skills Group Geneva
- Social Skills Programme Co-Facilitator, Laura Alfageme
- Social Skills Programme Co-Facilitator, Nora Geppert
Please contact email@example.com for further information on program or registration.
When: Wednesdays, 14:30-16:00
Who: 7- 13 years old children with special educational needs, emotional/behavioral issues, bullied children
Where: Quartierhaus Kreis 6. Langmauerstrasse 7, 8006 Zürich
- CHF 70.-/ session
- CHF 630/ semester
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the program.
Practical Details for Geneva
When: Mondays from 16h30 to 18h00
Where: ASK offices
Ecumenical Center, Rm 246
1218 Grand-Saconnex (GPS address: 1 rte des Morillons)
Time: 16h30 – 18h00
- ASK Member: CHF774 per Term Rate
- ASK Member Full Annual Rate: CHF2,160 (paid at 1st term)
- Non-ASK Member: CHF860 per Term Rate
- Non-Member Full annual rate: CHF2,400 (paid at 1st term)
We offer one free trial session during which we will assess the children’s fit for the group.
Sept 20 (Botanical Gardens), Sept 27 (Botanical Gardens), Oct 4 (Botanical Gardens), Oct 11 (Botanical Gardens), Oct 18 (Botanical Gardens), Nov 08, Nov 15, Nov 22, Nov 29, Dec 06, Dec 13
Jan 10, Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31, Feb 7, Feb 21, Feb 28, Mar 7 , Mar 21, Mar 28, Apr 04
Apr 25, May 2, May 9, May 16, May 23, May 30, Jun 13, Jun 20, Jun 27
Please contact email@example.com for further information on the program or register below.