School Affiliation Programme
ASK assists its Affiliate Schools by holding seminars on special educational needs topics.
The seminars provide teachers with classroom strategies that effectively support students with learning difficulties and learning differences.
Since 2004, ASK has organized an annual series of seminars and lectures with highly respected specialists in the field of SEN. These events have attracted teachers from across Switzerland and Europe.
The annual ASK seminar series includes 8 seminars per school year, 4 seminars in Geneva and 4 in Zurich.
ASK seminars allow schools and teachers:
- to fulfil their annual professional development requirements specifically on SEN topics
- to use the remainder of their annual PED budget on areas other than SEN
- professional networking opportunities, to exchange ideas and teaching strategies amongst peers
- face-to-face interaction with the specialist speakers; to ask for and receive specific advice regarding the problems and challenges they face in their classrooms
- to participate in interactive activities to aid in practical problem-solving classroom strategies
- to receive additional professional resources, teaching tools and reading materials
- a certificate of attendance to those who complete the seminar presentation in its entirety ASK is ready and eager to meet with school management to discuss further ASK’s School Affiliation Programme and its direct benefits.