Welcome to the ASK professional corner!
Here you will find information about services and training offered at ASK for professionals, along with information on professional networking events and seminars we will be hosting.
Please feel free to contact us below if you have any questions or would like to avail of any of our services.
ACE Event – February 28th 2023
To celebrate ASK’s recent accreditation as an ACE Provider, we will be hosting a free online CEU Event on February 28th 2023, from 18h30-19h30 CET.
Dr. Lorna Barry, Ph.D., BCBA, will be presenting the latest literature and findings on “Evidence-Based Practices: Considerations for Behaviour Analysts”. Dr. Barry is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who recently completed her Ph.D. in the area of autism, evidence-based practices (EBPs) and the research-to-practice gap in autism education.
This presentation will help practitioners to understand how EBPs are conceptualised, and the considerations that may need to be taken when recommending EBPs in non-clinical settings. This event will be of interest to practitioners working in school and community settings, but also those interested in the scientific underpinnings of the practices commonly recommended by behaviour analysts.
To attend this event, you must register your interest here.
Sample workshop topics:
- Understanding and Managing Difficult Behavior
- The ABCs of understanding behavior
- Behavior assessment tools for the classroom
- Using classroom adaptations and teaching strategies to prevention of difficult behavior
- How to support children who engage in difficult behavior
- Strategies to manage and change behavior
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- How to support students with ADHD in the classroom
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Strategies to support autistic students in the classroom
- Understanding different methods of communication
- Functional Communication Training
- Augementative and Alternative Communication (AAC) strategies and devices
- Motivation & Engagement in the Classroom
- What is motivation? How do we harness it?
- The science behind attention
- Strategies to promote better motivation and engagement
Get In Touch
We would like to welcome you to contact us to arrange a meeting, either at our offices or online, to discuss how we can collaborate for the best interests of children and adults with differential learning needs and their families.