Building Skills to Develop Friendships
Social skills and friendships are fundamental elements to experiencing meaningful social inclusion. ACCESS, in collaboration with Webster University, are offering a social skills module, which focuses directly on teaching skills considered important to the development of social skills for young adults (17year ) to build friendships.
Range of Skills Covered
- Introductory Session (talking about interests, getting to know one another)
- Starting and maintaining conversations
- Finding a source of friends
- Using electronic communication
- Appropriate use of humor
- Entering and terminating conversations
- Managing Get-togethers
- Dating etiquette
- Handling disagreements
- Handling direct and indirect bullying
Sessions are delivered twice per week- once at ACCESS office and then on the Webster Campus with peers.
For more information and registration information, contact email@example.com or call 022 788 21 02