Social Skills Group – Zurich
ASK Social Skills Group is an inclusive after-school programme designed to help children who regularly struggle with social interactions and how to read social cues. ASK Social Skills Group aims to help children develop the skills they need in order to improve their ability to relate to others. The programme is open to any child who has difficulty with social skills, such as:
- Joining in and making friends
- Responding appropriately to verbal and non-verbal social cues
- Engaging in reciprocal conversational skills
- Resolving conflict
- Coping with stressful situations
- Co-operating with others
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- Dealing with uncomfortable emotions
The group aims at the building following skills:
- Sustaining friendships
- Improving self-esteem
- Being more responsible and empathetic
- Being able to express difficult feelings
- Navigating social situations successfully
Interacting with peers helps children build social, reciprocal and communicative skills. Through playful activities they can learn actively listening, interpreting body language, asking questions, taking turns and other skills that will help them feel comfortable in a social and unknown situation.
When: Every second Wednesday, 16:00-17:30
Who: 7- 13 years old children with special educational needs, emotional/behavioral issues, bullied children.
Facilitator: Irene Lari (Child Psychologist and ABA Specialist in training)
Trial Session and Pre-Assessment: Prior to joining the group, your child is welcome to attend a free trial session. Depending on the outcome of this initial session, the facilitators may request that your child undergoes a pre-assessment with a psychologist in order to determine whether the group can meet his or her needs.