Social Skills Group
Social Skills Help
ASK Social Skills Group is an inclusive after-school programme designed to help children who regularly struggle with social interactions and how to read social cues. ASK Social Skills Group aims to help children develop the skills they need in order to improve their ability to relate to others.
The programme is open to any child who has difficulty with social skills, such as:
- Making and maintaining eye contact
- Joining in and making friends
- Responding appropriately to verbal and non-verbal social cues
- Engaging in reciprocal conversational skills
- Resolving conflict
- Coping with stressful situations
- Co-operating with others
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- Dealing with uncomfortable emotions
Trial Session and Pre-Assessment
Prior to joining the group, your child is welcome to attend a free trial session. Depending on the outcome of this initial session, the facilitators may request that your child undergoes a pre-assessment with a psychologist in order to determine whether the group can meet his or her needs.
Pro-Social Skills Group
A typical group session focuses on a theme/skill with which all of the children tend to experience difficulty, and most of the games and skill-building activities of that session center on that theme/skill. Much of the skill-building takes place in vivo as the group members are encouraged to relate to one another informally; most of the session is dedicated to peer socialisation.
- Social Skills Programme Co-Facilitator, Laura Alfageme
- Social Skills Programme Co-Facilitator, Rhea Denton
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on program or registration.
When: Mondays from 16h30 to 18h
Where: ASK offices
Ecumenical Center, Rm 226
1218 Grand-Saconnex (GPS address: 1 rte des Morillons)
Time: 16h30 – 18h
- ASK Member: CHF637.50
- ASK Member annual rate: CHF1,800 (paid at 1st term)
- Non-ASK Member: CHF750
- Non-Member annual rate: CHF2,100 (paid at 1st term)
Fee for the mandatory initial assessment is CHF150. This is only required once.
First Term Dates:
September 1, 9, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 31
November 7, 14, 21, 28
Second Term Dates:
January 9, 16, 23, 30
February 6, 27
March 6, 13, 20, 27
Third Term Dates:
April 3, 24
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
June 12, 19
Please contact email@example.com for further information on the programme or registration.