A NEW SOCIAL GROUP for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Geneva region
Wednesdays starting 21st September 2016, from 15h to 16h30
Following the success of the summer programme, ASK – All Special Kids is introducing a new social group for younger children between the ages of 5 and 8, with the aim to offering weekly structured activities in a fun group environment using play and sensory therapy, and visual support for thematic workshops, to stimulate and to inspire your child’s imagination while learning social skills.
In addition to the group objectives, we will target individual aims for the year and address individual challenges step by step during each session.
- Sharing – Toys, objects while playing, ideas and point of view.
- Social Interactions – Taking turns, eye contact, body language, emotions.
- Communication – Asking for help, asking questions, organizing your thoughts, understanding and making simple, clear and relevant sentences, comments.
- Theory of Mind – Someone thinks differently than I do.
Each week, we will structure the session based around a particular theme to awakening their curiosity, learn social cues and vocabulary.
Ideas of Themes:
- Friendship – Definition, how to make a friend, how to play, to talk, to behave with them.
- 5 Senses – Occupational and sensory therapy, exploring through food, water beads, lights, sounds and smells
- Cooking or Food preparation- Sensory experiences and following the steps to learn to listen and focus
In order to maximize the group’s potential to meet your child’s individual needs, we encourage your contribution and welcome any comments or ideas.
Our communication will be through email and you will receive a weekly group report.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- ASK Member: CHF731 per term
- ASK Member annual rate: CHF2000 – annual rate (3 terms)
- Non-ASK Members: CHF860 per term
- Non-Member annual rate: CHF2400 – annual rate (3 terms)
If you are not already an ASK Member, become one now and benefit from reduced Member rates right away!
September 21, 28; October 5, 12; November 9, 16, 23, 30; December 7, 14
Third Term: April 5, 26; May 3, 10, 17, 31; June 7, 14, 21
Usage of Images and Photos
All photos, images, videos, audio recordings or interviews taken at or in connection with ASK events, seminars, camps or any other ASK children’s programs may be used as publicity on our website, brochures, newsletters, video commercials or any other recordings and written materials, provided that such use is specifically approved by his/her legal representative. In the event such use should be withdrawn after having been initially given, ASK reserves its right to seek indemnification for any damage thus incurred.